The number of social media websites available has soared in the past few years and majority of them are free to join. They allow users post text, images, videos and links freely. Depending on your following, you could get tons of traffic to your website from just your social media accounts. The popular social network Facebook for example, has over 700 Million users. Imagine if a quarter of these 700 million people visited your website, lived in your farm area and were interested in buying real estate. This would be great for your business. With the ease of link posting, this could drastically increase the daily traffic to your website. That is a hypothetical situation that should get you thinking of how to leverage your social networks.
- Take advantage of social networks to drive traffic to your website.
- Start making posts with links to your website during high web traffic periods (Evenings). Be careful not to post too many links, as people could consider your social network a spam account.
- Vary your posts. Make text-based posts; add relevant videos, images and links too. For example, Facebook is a visual network so if you are going to post a link and you want to get the attention of your fans, post a picture with the link. Twitter’s structure is different in this regard. The most effective way to get followers to click on your link on twitter is a great headline for your link.
- When you join a new social network, a great strategy to use to drive traffic to your website is to fill out the profile section or the about me section. This gives you a chance to reference a link to your website allowing the description to rank well with search engines.
Tip: Create High quality relevant content on your website and social networks so people have a reason to keep coming back to you. This sustains the traffic momentum you have built.
Many Real Estate Agents on Social Networks refrain from connecting with other agents but this is a powerful strategy to leverage. If you connect with other real estate professionals and past clients, they can be your strongest referral source. Social Media makes these connections easier. Networks like LinkedIn and twitter have proven difficult for many real estate agents to prospect and the majority of them do not want to put in the work it requires. If you fall into this category, your best bet would be to prospect on networks like Facebook and Active Rain while building referral networks on LinkedIn and Twitter. Active Rain can also be a great source to build referral networks.
- Stay in touch with other real estate agents, Join in their conversations, be sure to specify what farm area you service and they may get an occasional relocation lead that they can send you as business. The only way other agents would send this lead to you is if you have established a relationship with them over time.
- Social Media takes time, but the benefits are numerous. You can also use social media to nurture relationships with previous clients who could refer you to their friends who are interested in buying or selling their property. In order for this to happen, you would have offered these previous clients exceptional service; Connecting with them on social networks can initiate recommendations that can become your most powerful marketing tool.
Tip: Connect with 5 new people every month. Answer a question they may have or ask a question. After a rapport has been established, continue to connect with the new prospects, ‘like’ their posts, re-tweet these new prospects and you will stay in their memory. Also remember to provide interesting content so your new prospects have a reason to visit your page also. Establish a great connection and when it’s time for referrals, guess who will be top on their list?
Webtech Dezine offers free Social Media Training to the MoneyMaker Clients. Are you a MoneyMaker Client yet? Try our product free for 10 days and boost your Real Estate Business with the right information.